Another recipe that is so easy my husband could make it!
There are only 4 ingredients!
Takes only minutes to prepare!
Recently I was watching a mayonnaise commercial with a recipe similar to this and could only think Yew, ick, all that fat and grease. No don’t get me wrong, I love mayonnaise and could almost eat it straight out of the jar but since I started eating healthier I noticed that fatty greasy foods just don’t look as appealing as they used too.
Soon after watching the commercial I came across an alternative on Pinterest that uses Greek Yogurt. I was skeptical but since I just happened to have the ingredients on hand I thought I would give it a try. The original recipe is Melt in Your Mouth Chicken. After reading through the comments I decided to change it up a bit.
Lo-Calorie Parmesan Chicken Bake
- 3 lbs skinless chicken breasts (about 6 medium breasts)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt 0% fat (I used Chobani)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 tble Dijon mustard
2. Dredge the chicken in the mixture to completely coat
3. Place chicken in greased baking dish, top with any remaining cheese mixture. I used two dishes so it would fit in my crowded fridge better.
4. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes until done.
Make Ahead– Prepared everything the night before and let sit overnight in the fridge so that when I came home from work all I had to do was heat up the oven, cook up a side, we had quinoa and carrots, and make a small side salad.
This recipe was so easy, the chicken came out tender and juicy and was full of flavor.
- You can substitute the Greek yogurt with plain yogurt, sour cream, or mayonnaise but remember you will be adding extra fat and calories.
- Instead of using Dijon mustard add your own mixture of herbs and spices. Black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and a little oregano or basil. Use crushed garlic or just some season salt. Try using your favorite poultry seasoning.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs for a crunchy layer.
- Wrap each breast in foil and bake on the grill.
- Use Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
My husband ended up eating two servings because it was so good, we packed the rest of for lunches, I hid two in the back of the fridge so he wouldn’t eat them before I did. 🙂 There were just as good the next day.